Sr. Supervisor Facilities
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9997
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337759 Date posted 07/26/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow?Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking, Second Shift - Sr. Supervisor Facilities to be based in Middletown, CT.
This position shall provide supervision, leadership, technical knowledge to the Facilities & Services organization in support of customerâ€s needs and requirements. Responsible for effective implementation of EH&S Management system, and active use of the ACE operating system.
Key job responsibilities
- Create and implement plans to support the objectives of the business roadmap including, but not limited to, quality, delivery, continuous improvement, and financial metrics.
- Supervise and direct the work activities of company personnel and contract personnel as required.
- Responsible for the planning, prioritization, implementation, and closeout of work assignments through the SAP system. Ensure the SAP Plant Maintenance (or equivalent) system database, reports, and work order management are current
- Accountable for all F&S EH&S and ACE programs
- Responsible for establishing effective TPM, PDM and PM programs Lead process improvement through ACE and SAP utilization
- Provide input and support for capital projects and manage expense budgets.
- Provide effective communication through department daily Safety Start meetings.
- Create, implement, and execute F&S skilled trades training as required.
- Manage all aspects of hourly work force for time and attendance, training, communications, safety, and work scheduling of all shifts.
- â€¢ Provide direction and ownership for applicable contracts for the department.
- Must be willing to work with all shifts, and will be required to respond, to emergency situations, during holidays and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of Leadership experience in Operations, Engineering or Mechanical/Electronics Maintenance.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in business, supply chain management, project management or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of Leadership experience in Operations, Engineering or Mechanical/Electronics Maintenance
- ACE or SAP experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and detailed task oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervisory input or direction.
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Provide Creative solutions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337759
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Supervisor Facilities
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US