Tooling Engineer - Tinker AFB Oklahoma City, OK - Pratt & Whitney
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 9996
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333727 Date posted 07/26/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to truly contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, weâ€ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
This exciting position based at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City, OK, is a rare opportunity for you to join our Military Engines programs that include the F119 and F135.Â
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Â Developing concepts for new repair tool designs
- Â Presenting tool concepts to our USAF and JPO (Joint Program Office) customers for review and obtain customer approval to proceed to detailed design and tool buildÂ
- Completing the PW Tool Design Review process and ensure tools are developed and produced in compliance with PW Repair Tool design requirements and customer expectations
- Working closely with your suppliers, and perform final checks of tooling developedÂ
- Reviewing tool drawings
- Developing tool usage instructions for end users
- Resolving technical questions on tooling from customers and suppliers; disposition EQNs (engineering quality notices)
- Presenting tools to your customers for final approval and acceptance for repair production
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years'Â of work experience
- 3 + years of experience reading and interpreting repair requirements and part blueprints, understanding geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and technical writing
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- BS Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
- 5 + years' experience in a manufacturing/design environment
- Tool design experience
- Experience with typical repair and manufacturing processes including welding, brazing, riveting, and coating processes including plasma spray
- Experience working with Unigraphics/Siemens NX and Teamcenter
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333727
Community / Marketing Title: Tooling Engineer - Tinker AFB Oklahoma City, OK - Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US