Bench Assembly Cell Operator I (MODs)- Weekend Shift- PM/84
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 9981
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01336763 Date posted 07/26/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build and / or disassemble a variety of new technology production gas turbine engine modules, subassemblies and accessories.
- Follow specified work instructions including assembly floor specifications, computer generated work instructions, assembly drawings and work orders to assure compliance with requirements.
- Properly complete all necessary build records and other required documentation.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives as well as any other duties deemed necessary by supervision.
- 1 â€" 3+ years of related experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Ability to read and understand commercial and military procedures and other approved technical data required to assemble jet engine parts.
- Flexibility in job assignments and able to perform a variety of assembly functions on commercial and military products.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications as required.
- May require some travel, assist other business units and work special shifts as needed.
- AP license preferred
- Proven versatility, flexibility and initiative, with high level of organization skills to cover multiple areas as business needs dictate.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple challenging priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01336763
Community / Marketing Title: Bench Assembly Cell Operator I (MODs)- Weekend Shift- PM/84
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US