ENG-CSE- Associate Project Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9957
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01338204 Date posted 07/24/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview:
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors is currently seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Associate Project Engineer to join its team in support of the NEO HPC Project Group.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Assist the Integrated Product Team Leader to meet technical requirements and task deliverables, including occasionally serving as acting leader under supervision.
- Plan and manage budget for hardware and tasks.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT and upper Pratt & Whitney management.
- Work closely with IPT members and subject matter experts on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Class 1 and Class 2 engineering change execution.
- Coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead cost reduction and sustainment initiatives.
- Develop industrial plans and track the introduction of new hardware into the engine bill of material.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01338204
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE- Associate Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US