Associate Director, GTF Supply Chain (Asia Pacific Region)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9955
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337162 Date posted 07/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a rare opportunity for an Associate Director, GTF Supply Chain (Asia Pacific Region) role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
The Aftermarket Supply Chain organization is seeking an experienced supply chain leader to support both engine center purchasing teams and strategic sourcing groups on GTF engine program activities with focus on ensuring the best in class MRO supply base is in place to support all the engine centers in the region (Japan, Singapore).
You will engage in all aspects of sourcing repairs and other GTF-related services including kitting services, engine storage, and others.
This role is considered highly visible and will require frequency interaction with Sr. Leadership across Pratt & Whitney.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to meet the ongoing interaction between our GTF discipline leaders, IAE LLC engine management groups (if required), and our network of MRO suppliers.
- You will be directly involved in the development and execution of all sourcing activities using standard work, influencing supply chain strategies with the goal of obtaining the best overall service value for the engine centers in the region.
- Following source selection, you will lead execution of sourcing strategies which includes but not limited to driving to maximize repairing vs replacing components, and a robust cost reduction structure within the engine centers. This also includes implementation, utilization of, and conformance to the Service Value Catalog guidance published by the sourcing team.
- You will collaborate with the supplier performance organization to develop a standard supplier performance metrics and a structure to continuously monitor and address supplier poor performance related to delivery and quality.
- You have strong communication skills, leadership drive, and an exceptional ability to work in a cross-functional team environment while taking initiative to resolve challenges and further develop a regional supply chain playbook in the aftermarket supply chain space.
- You have strong leadership skills to establish clear objectives and develop his/her team through career development plans, training, and skills development.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (Green Card) required. Must have valid passport.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree, with concentration in Business Administration, Supply Chain or a related field. An MBA or a Masterâ€s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management/Administration or Finance is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in purchasing, operations, sales or supply chain management is required; Executive presentation skills required.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (Green Card) is required. Must have valid passport.
- Demonstrated self-sufficiency and experience with Microsoft Office and related programs is required.
- Extensive analytical skills and operational excellence required to drive best in class performance.
- You have the ability to develop and foster positive working relationships while maintaining customer and organizational priorities.
- You will have demonstrated strategic sourcing leadership with a consistent track record of driving procurement execution and supply chain performance.
- Familiar with aerospace & geared turbo fan engines and parts
- Engineering/technical background
- Procurement background
- Experience in negotiating pricing and supplier contracts
- SAP experience with a focus on purchasing/related document flow
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337162
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, GTF Supply Chain (Asia Pacific Region)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US