ENG-MSEN- Associate Design Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9942
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337044 Date posted 07/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
MSEN Externals Design: Â
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Mechanical Systems, Externals, and Nacelle Engine Integration Engineering (MSEN), designers and analysts of advanced Mechanical Components, Externals, and Nacelles, is currently seeking a highly-motivated Associate Design Engineer to join its team in support of the Externals NGPF Design Group.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Create designs of tubes, harnesses, sheet metal brackets, machined mounts, cast manifolds, fabricated sheet metal weldments, and seals that improve the 17K and 24K Geared Turbofan Engines
- Support determining root cause of production and field issues
- Disposition quality notifications of manufacturing and assembly defects
- Process engineering changes that enable parts to be produced at lower cost
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: BS Mechanical Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337044
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-MSEN- Associate Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US