Senior Manager - Engine Services Systems
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9926
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335791 Date posted 07/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a rare opportunity for a Senior Manager, Engine Services Systems role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
In this role, you will oversee the upgrade of our financial systems within Engine Services. You will specifically be responsible for the Phase II development of our Estimate of Completion (EAC) system CALCS and work to integrate the cost sheet and other Aftermarket tools.
You will be responsible for overseeing 1 analyst on the CALCS team. In addition, You will work side by side with the Applications and Data Analytics departments with Commercial Aftermarket and the outsourced development team, and will report out on the progress of the project to the Associate Director, Director and Executive Director of Engine Services Commercial Aftermarket.
You will also be involved in the blueprinting exercise for a complete overhaul of the Engine Services systems.
You may also get involved in restructuring / portfolio optimization projects as time allows.
With a P&L of ~$3.9B of annual revenue and about $50B of backlog, Engine Services is setting the strategy for the future of Commercial Engines, and this role is key in developing the systems to help productivity with all the growth.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead the development of Phase II for the CALCS system, with specific work in integrating the cost sheet and other Commercial Aftermarket tools; including requirements gathering from all customers to define Phase II goals
- Work closely with Business Analyst to convert requirements into technical documentation for Phase II
- Support to IT vendor to provide requirement clarifications and guidance on functionality during application development and quality assurance testing for Phase II
- Coordinate user acceptance testing plans for Phase II
- Provide user support for CALCS application and collaborate with vendor on issues needing addressed
- Support annual PwC SOX audit requirements
- Use ACE tools for continuous process improvement plans in support of achieving ACE gold.
- Must be a self-starter.
Bachelor's degree required; areas of study in Finance or Accounting is strongly preferred.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of professional work experience in finance and accounting required.
- Knowledge of Commercial Aftermarket or financial planning and analysis of PW businesses
- Knowledge of IT system upgrade processes
- Strong leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335791
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager - Engine Services Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US