Associate Director, Commercial Engines Aftermarket Programs Office - OCE
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9919
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01336698 Date posted 07/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a rare opportunity for an Associate Director, Commercial Engines Aftermarket Programs Office - OCE role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
The Pratt & Whitney Commercial Engines (CE) Aftermarket Programs Office (APO) organization is a high impact organization leading alignment between the CE Programs and Aftermarket organizations. As a core member of the Integrated Program Management Team (IPMT) representing CE Aftermarket, you will lead a cross-functional and matrixed team to deliver solutions that meet Aftermarket and Program requirements for the PW4000 and PW2000 engine models.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Partner and collaborate with a team of specialists representing the full value stream of CE Aftermarket responsible for all elements of program support.
- Identify process gaps, improvement opportunities and developing standard work/organizational processes to progress APO evolution.
- Actively participate in the development of the aftermarket strategies and capabilities assessment to enable program long-term success.
- In this role you will also demonstrate:
- Leadership and Teamwork - lead and influence, through direct and indirect reporting structures, to deliver impactful results through cross-functional teams.
- Communication - Effectively facilitate two-way dialogue, transparent identification of issues/risk and develop superior communication skills through exposure to senior organizational leaders and Pratt & Whitney's airline customers.
- Adaptability - Work in a fast paced, dynamic organization and adjust to changes in business and customer requirements.
- Forecasting - Exposure to short-term and long-term shop visit planning, scenario modeling and overseeing processes to ensure timely and accurate inputs to forecasts from varied data sources
- Material Management - Former parts and spare engine forecasting/planning, delivery assurance, inventory management and product life cycle management including developing/maintaining/retiring engineering, tooling, supplier support and capabilities as appropriate for each stage in the product life cycle
- Contract and Commercial Deliverables - Prior engagement with CE campaigns and monitoring contract performance to deliver on Pratt & Whitney's overall customer and financial objectives
- Maintenance Planning and Work Scoping - Understanding of engine maintenance planning, maintenance strategies and related work scopes to ensure necessary repairs/limits/technical data are available for use to support maintenance plans and associated costs
- Network Strategy and Performance - Monitored capacity in line with fleet requirements; engaged in negotiation to secure capacity consistent with Pratt & Whitney's network strategy and owned network performance metrics and ensured adhesion (quality, turn-around-time (TAT), induction time, costs)
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Industrial Readiness and Execution - Ensured operational readiness across an MRO network; developed and shared MRO standard methodologies, advanced repair development and built capability consistent with program growth
- Direct Maintenance Cost (DMC) and Maintenance Cost Studies - Developed and maintained key models for products by ensuring execution of the data input process, performing scenario planning and risk/opportunity identification
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, operations management or business field of study
- Master's or other advanced degree in an engineering, operations management or business field of study with 8 years of professional work experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Program Management, MRO and Repair and contract management required.
- Strong program and project management capability coupled with associated work experience
- Process development and implementation skills
- A deep understanding of Pratt & Whitney's markets, customers, contracts and commercial strategies for supported engine programs -- preferably in context to Pratt & Whitney's Commercial Engines Aftermarket
- Technical aptitude as demonstrated by an understanding of product performance, component life, repair and maintenance practices
- Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables across multiple organizational functions
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01336698
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Commercial Engines Aftermarket Programs Office - OCE
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US