Supply Chain Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9916
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01336956 Date posted 07/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
he sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt and Whitney's Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization is responsible for working collaboratively with suppliers across the globe to ensure the timely delivery of affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team cultivates an internal environment that flourishes with utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while mentoring and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards,achieve success and cultivate new ideas in their lean journey.
As Supply Chain Specialist, you will focus on the account management process for indirect raw materials. Indirect raw material refers to the castings and forgings our finished parts suppliers buy directly from their raw material sources. You will work with and take leadership from the Account Managers responsible for the raw material suppliers as well as value streams in all Module Centers.
Key responsibilities will be:
- You will develop and implement processes within the Module Centers that ensure adequate PO coverage with raw materials suppliers. Establish meeting cadences and reports to aid with communications.
- You'll work with Module Centers to ensure leading indicators are being monitored and identifying risks.
- Create an escalation process to be followed by the Module Centers for critical hardware. Identify key business risks and escalate accordingly.
- Build a strong alignment with Strategic Sourcing to ensure indirect raw material parts are on LTAs with the appropriate sources.
- Craft process that ensures finished part sources are procuring raw materials off of PW LTAs, at correct market share splits.
- Collaborate with the Raw Materials value streams to ensure alignment on leading indicators, critical needs and coordinated communications with the raw material supply base.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities for parts that are not currently being sourced of raw material LTAs.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree required
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA) preferred
- You have at least 5 years of experience in operations, supply chain, engineering, business and/or program management
- You've completed your Bachelorâ€s Degree
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Strong ability in decision-making, business discernment and delivering results.
- Ability to craft new ideas to improve processes
- Experience in Aerospace
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or Business
- Understanding of Pratt and Whitney quality and engineering specifications.
- Experience in procurement and/or manufacturing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills across different departments with in Pratt and Whitney up to Sr. Executive level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected cl
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01336956
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US