3rd Shift Specialty Coating Supervisor
Location: Tinker AFB, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 9887
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333335 Date posted 07/19/2019 City Tinker AFB State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW215: Tinker Air Force Base OC-ALC 3001 Staff Dr, Tinker AFB, OK, 73145 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We are seeking an energetic, critical thinking supervisor for 3rd shift plasma thermal spray coating. In this role, you will manage a team of technicians operating robotic plasma spray equipment, including the preparation and post coating cleanup operations from documented work instructions.
- Plan daily workload based upon current customer demand and coordination with first shift staff.
- Ensure that all operational parts, powders and materials are on hand including serviceable fixtures.
- Enter facilities requests to address any facilities maintenance requirements.
- Approve employee time cards and track absences in SAP.
- Conduct staff meetings in coordination with the operations manager to share information across all shifts.
- Provide instructor led training such as EH&S for any requirements that are flowed down to the OKC operations.
- Coordinate vacation and overtime schedules on 3rd shift to ensure a minimum absence level during regular hours and overtime support as needed to meet customer demands.
- Augment the first shift material analyst in the preparation of shop routers and ordering of material as required.
- Provide guidance to technicians on technical issues to insure that operational time is maximized. These can include routine maintenance, masking, fixturing, computer program selection, hopper preparation, booth preparation, measuring, tuning and blending.
- Assist in repair development activity.
- Manage the handling of process related waste in accordance with approved documented work instructions.
- Prepare lab samples for work completed on shift.
- Ensure complete shift pass down notes are reviewed at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives as required.
Bachelor's Degree is required, with a preference for an engineering, business, or management field.
- A bachelor's degree
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain required security clearances required due to location and federal contracts.
- Knowledge of SAP, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Be detail oriented and accurate in work performed.
- Ability to communicate clearly, remain calm under pressure, and make the right calls in difficult circumstances
- Prior 3rd shift/overnight experience, availability to work overtime or any shift assignment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333335
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Specialty Coating Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tinker AFB, Oklahoma US