Big Data Architect
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9884
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335634 Date posted 07/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, and career-minded individual to join the Digital Enterprise Applications team in East Hartford, CT. You will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions across a wide range of use cases including analytics, machine learning, digital thread and artificial intelligence.
You will design and execute solutions for customers in engineering, manufacturing, sales and aftermarket. With several ongoing analytics initiatives, you will work alongside a highly-talented team to deliver results for our customers.
You will assume a combination of project management responsibilities working with our customers, partners, and the digital team to build and deliver new solutions to meet Pratt & Whitneyâ€s growing analytics needs.
- Perform architecture design for business model /data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schemas
- Identify and document current and future state data architectures
- Develop standard work to promote and develop data architecture standard methodologies
- Work closely with business and IT teams to clarify and refine functional data requirements
- Establish new data standards and processes to support the Hadoop and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments
- Collaborate with departments, architects, project managers and technical managers to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plan and serve as a lead, when required, to implement solutions
- Create effective data models to support relational, OLAP, and NoSQL based databases
- Effectively present / communicate data models to the business, IT and the project teams
- Create and maintain a metadata management capability to integrate data dictionaries with the enterprise business glossary
- Participate in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the platform
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields of study include Data Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or equivalent technology field
- Advanced degree preferred
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree required
- You have at least 5 years of experience of data modeling support combined of these environments: data warehouse, DataMart, business intelligence analytics, and Big-Data management
- Advanced degree in a preferred field and related professional certifications
- Expert-level use of at least one of the top data modeling tools, such as Erwin, ER/Studio or PowerDesigner
- Architecture and implementation of large and highly complex Big-Data projects
- On premises Big-Data platforms such as Hortonworks
- Dimensional star schema design or implementation experience
- Big-Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as Spark, Hive, HDF, HDFS
- Streaming data tools and techniques such as Kafka
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Attunity, Business Object Data Services, Informatica
- Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies.
- Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
- NoSQL environments such as HBase, Phoenix
- Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big-Data
- Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes
- Expert ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate complex technical information and deliver briefings to senior staff
- You have an intense passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335634
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Architect
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US