Financial Analyst Industrial Operations Finance
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9883
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01336180 Date posted 07/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our phenomenal organization. If you seek to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? Are you looking for your next career challenge? If you have answered YES to these questions, we would love to have YOU on our team!
MC&O Industrial Operations is a unique and diversified organization that provides exposure to all the different disciplines within the operations organization.
The group provides in depth financial business unit support for over $400 million of expense spending and $30 million of capital spending for the facilities & services groups across 4 campuses (East Hartford CT, Middletown CT, Columbus GA, West Palm Beach FL), the manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, and quality engineering groups, and the division general cost pool. The group is also responsible for the operations capital planning process and coordinates about 30 business unit plans from around the globe in the operations network along with auditing the capital spending results of our unprecedented ramp spending plan to support the NGPF and F135 programs. The group also works with operations departments on pricing and proposals in support of over $90M of sales to external suppliers
This position is for the financial analyst for the facilities & services organizations for East Hartford and West Palm Beach.
- Provide dedicated financial analysis and guidance to the leadership teams within the organization
- Ensure financial and control functions are integrated to optimize cost reduction, satisfy requirements, and safeguard assets.
- Create cost monitoring and cost control techniques to ensure the achievement of financial goals and objectives.
- Direct the monthly closing activities and report on financial performance versus established budgets and objectives.
- Develop annual plans and monthly forecasts for operating expenses, capital spend to keep operating management focused on financial objectives.
- Prepare and present presentations to align Operations and Financial leadership with the unit's performance
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Excel, SAP, and Business Warehouse
- Analytical skills, be able to work with little direction
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01336180
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst Industrial Operations Finance
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US