Senior Java Developer, Global Customer Support
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9878
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335127 Date posted 07/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.The sky has no limits.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? This is a really exciting time at P&W. As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
Pratt & Whitney, Commercial Engines/Aftermarket Customer Service team is seeking a Senior Java Developer to define and provide innovative service solutions to our commercial customers. Within Customer Support, the Web/Portal team is responsible for business management of FleetCare, which is a website that provides customer access to engine life cycle and aftermarket product and services. FleetCare is the customers 'gateway' into Pratt & Whitney and IAE's product and services. A key objective for the team moving forward will be to re-platform the current Fleetcare site to provide a more collaborative and intuitive experience for our end users. To perform this task, you are to effectively partner with the internal Digital Technology (DT) and Business organizations to ensure alignment and development is meeting design expectations.
This is an outstanding opportunity with excellent benefits including our Employee Scholar Program, which is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world!
- Researching, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining modules within the commercial engines customer portal to integrate underlying applications throughout the enterprise.
- Providing analytical and technical guidance to Business and Digital Technology groups.
- Responsible for software development on the Portal enrollment process and application integrations.
- You will have excellent time management skills, able to prioritize work and lead team members effectively to ensure accurate completion of individual tasks for the project / product.
- You will work effectively as a member of an agile development team
- 4+ years Java JEE application development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and 4 years' experience
- Masters degree
- Hibernate (or another ORM tool) experience
- Experience working with Java JEE web application servers (JBoss AS7+ Preferred).
- SQL Experience, (Oracle preferred).
- XML experience
- Experience implementing Responsive web-based user interfaces using modern technology stacks (jQuery, AJAX, Angular, React, etc).
- Experience in developing (server-side) and interacting with (client-side) both REST and SOAP style Web Services.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary IT teams, clinical staff and end users throughout the design and development process.
- Agile methodology experience
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Practices
- JPA (Java Persistent API) knowledge
- Liferay DXP experience
- We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
For the fourth consecutive year, readers of Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology named Pratt & Whitney a "Best Diversity Company."
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335127
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Java Developer, Global Customer Support
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US