ENG - Compression Systems Associate Project Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9870
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335330 Date posted 07/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview:
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused project engineer to support a Commercial Engines Component Integrated Product Team. The selected candidate will be responsible for task execution on compression systems hardware, including the HPC (High Pressure Compressor) and/or Fan/LPC Â (Low Pressure Compressor) hardware. This position will develop leadership, communication, and project management skills with the eventual goal of assuming an Integrated Product Team Leader position.
Key Roles & Responsible:
- Assist the Integrated Product Team Leader to meet technical requirements and task deliverables, including occasionally serving as acting leader under supervision.
- Plan and manage budget for hardware and tasks.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT and upper Pratt & Whitney management.
- Work closely with IPT members and subject matter experts on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Class 1 and Class 2 engineering change execution.
- Coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead cost reduction and sustainment initiatives.
- Develop industrial plans and track the introduction of new hardware into the engine bill of material.
- Travel requirements: Up to 10%
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- U.S Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335330
Community / Marketing Title: ENG - Compression Systems Associate Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US