Deputy CDS Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Manager for Next Generation Large Engines
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9869
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335051 Date posted 07/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and regional aircraft.
At Pratt &Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt &Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Control & Diagnostic Systems (CDS) organization at P&W is responsible for all aspects of control system hardware, as well as software development and production, including control integration with vehicle and vehicle subsystems. Responsibilities include performing requirement analysis & definition, control and diagnostic system design, software development, control system verification and validation, and field support of control system products.
The Programs and Systems Integration team within CDS, is seeking a strongly qualified, motivated, high-energy candidate for the position of CDS Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Manager for Next Generation Large Engines. In this role, you are responsible for the technical, project and financial oversight of projects developing new controls and diagnostic technologies for application in Next Generation Engines, as well as oversight of programs leading into the Initial Design of new engine products. The CIPT manager is responsible for project/program proposals, execution of statements of work, generation of deliverables, meeting project/program requirements within the technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Lead internally and externally funded projects to mature controls and diagnostic technologies to TRL/MRL 6, ready for transition into new products, in coordination with CDS Technology Management team.
- Lead the development team through successful Concept Initiation and Concept Optimization (CI/CO) new product development phases, using appropriate requirements and risk management, as well as trade study tools.
- Prepare proposals cost and technical volume.
- Negotiate, establish and manage budgets and programmatic schedules, using appropriate project planning and earned value management tools.
- Negotiate, establish and manage multidisciplinary collaboration across P&W, subcontracts with other UTC Business Units (Collins Aerospace and UTRC), as well as subcontracts with suppliers.
- Manage formal communication with internal and external customers.
- There isÂ approximately 10%Â domestic and some international travel.
- BS in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Control System Engineering that could include aerospace, automotive, or communications/telecom experience.
- Minimum ofÂ 2 years technical and project management experience with Suppliers / Partners.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contract.
- MS and/or MBA.
- Technical understanding of engine control system design and operation, including a familiarity with system and software development processes.
- Technical understanding onboard diagnostic, prognostics, or health management systems.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined team to find novel solutions to control and diagnostic system challenges for next generation propulsion systems.
- Ability to cope with very dynamic â€learn fastâ€ work environment, with quick turns on requests for information and frequent program/project redirection.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills with a diverse group of external and internal customer, partners and suppliers.
- Proficiency with relevant Microsoft Office, project planning, requirements management, risk management, SAP and earned value management tools.
- DoD Security Clearance.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335051
Community / Marketing Title: Deputy CDS Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Manager for Next Generation Large Engines
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US