CE - Commercial Engines Development Program - Rotation Associate
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9856
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335223 Date posted 07/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, weâ€ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued. We are fueled by people that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
As a recent college graduate, youâ€ll have ample opportunity to use your skills and enjoy dynamic experiences. The Commercial Engines Development Program (CEDP) is a two-year rotational program for entry-level employees. Development occurs through four 6-month assignments across Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Commercial Engine Business in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Below are a few examples of the types of assignments you might receive in your rotation:
*New Engine Sales : Grows our portfolio of airline customers through exciting sales campaigns
* Engine Services: Manages long-term engine maintenance contracts for our customers
*Spare Sales : Manages the logistics for selling engine parts
*Customer Support : Builds and maintains our customer relationships and helps ensure our engine fleets are operating smoothly
Upon completion of the program, graduates are ready to assume a key position in the Commercial Engines organization. You can expect the following:
- Inclusive and collaborative environment
- Career development mentoring and coaching
- Networking throughout Pratt & Whitney
- Travel opportunities in some assignments
- Exposure to business leaders and customers
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field. Candidate may alternatively have a degree in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in Undergraduate or Graduate studyâ€¢
- Excellent communication skills â€" both written and verbal
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- A positive, engaged, and enthusiastic work ethic
- U.S.Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- A professional certification or certificate to supplement your academic degree
- Proficiency with building/utilizing digital tools
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335223
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Commercial Engines Development Program - Rotation Associate
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US