Data Integration Analyst
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9847
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333910 Date posted 07/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Data Integration Analyst
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Data Integration Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing data support for critical activities of the Military Engines organization, such as field operations, product improvement, maintenance forecasting, part forecasting, business planning, proposal development and safety analysis;
- Data support typically entails analyzing data requirements and providing periodic reports and one-time data results;
- Creating database queries and procedural code, when existing queries and code are not sufficient to satisfy data requests;
- Performing analyses to ensure high data quality, including identifying and addressing erroneous data;
- Assisting in requirements specification, contractor guidance, and development of new data applications, such as for a new large-scale consolidated data system being built to support multiple engine data needs;
- Providing data management and database development services for existing database systems to maintain a high level of database readiness and integrity.
Do you have the education?
Degree in Computer Science, or related field, with corresponding relevant work experience:
- BA/BS degree w/ 5+ years of experience outlined in the Basic Qualifications
- MA/MS degree w/ 3+ years of experience outlined in the Basic Qualifications
BA/BS degree w/ 5+ years of experience in the following:
MA/MS degree w/ 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Expert level in SQL to query and manipulate data in relational databases; extensive experience in writing stored procedures and UDFs is required;
- Advanced skills in Database Management Systems such as Oracle including ability to automate processes using application code;
- Expertise in Business Intelligence and Visualization software such as Business Objects, Qlik Sense or similar is required;
- Experience building custom ETL (Extract Transform and Load);
- In-depth understanding of data warehouse concepts;
- Project management skills using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects;
- Self-motivated & capable of working independently as well as within a group environment;
- Able to work well in an environment that emphasizes continuous process improvement and process standardization;
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance are required for this position
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as Python, Java, and VBScript;
- Knowledge in data cleansing techniques using off-the-shelf software products;
- Experience with frameworks for distributed computing, in particular Hortonworks/ Cloudera implementation of Hadoop.
- Statistical experience is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333910
Community / Marketing Title: Data Integration Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US