ENG-CSE- Associate Design Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9842
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335045 Date posted 07/16/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Job Title: ENG-CSE- Associate Design Engineer
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors, is currently seeking a highly-motivated Associate Design Engineer to join its team to support gas turbine engine programs spanning many product families. Focus includes the entire product life cycle, from new propulsion system development, through engine manufacture, to technical support of fielded product.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Creating / Evaluating new or down change part designs
- Working collaboratively to solve problems with integrated product teams and system design teams
- Providing shop, vendor, and test support as needed
- Executing to engineering standard work
- 0 to 3 Years of Design Engineering Experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering is required
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, and Ansys
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01335045
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE- Associate Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US