Technical Publications Business Analyst
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9824
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01334163 Date posted 07/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.Â
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Maintenance Data Engineering (MDE) has a need for a digital maintenance data support person to meet growing support requirements. MDE produces the technical publications required for the maintenance and overhaul of engines on the aircraft and in engine overhaul shops
This person will assume a combination of project manager and business analyst responsibilities while working with our customers, partners, and the MDE team to support existing publications systems and deliver new solutions to meet the growth of existing and new maintenance data needs for legacy and GTF programs.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Act as a focal point for intake, prioritization and tracking of change requests related to technical publication systems
- Provide support for technical publication authoring and digital data distribution systems.
- Document system issues and coordinate troubleshooting and resolution with MDE system suppliers and contractors
- Manage and develop business level project plans for publication systems changes.
- Collaborate closely with MDE system suppliers, contractors and P&W business teams to understand business requirements, Â define process changes and design technical solutions that will support our business objectives
- Ensure solution quality through user acceptance test definition and execution
- Ensure business requirements and process workflows are well-documented
- Monitor active projects to ensure successful execution of project plans by anticipating and mitigatingÂ risks
- Develop and support management reporting processes to track key department and program metrics
- BA/BS degree w/2 - 4 years related experience
- Experience with commercial technical publications and standards
- Experience translating business needs into system requirements to be able to communicate between business and IT specialists
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Experience working with ATA2200 and S1000D digital data standards
- Understanding of commercial jet engine maintenance processes
- Experience supporting technical publications systems for creation and management of maintenance data to industry standards. This includes supporting tools such as Arbortext, Excel/VBA, Oracle/SQL, Documentum, Graphics software (IsoDraw/Autotrol) and Business Objects
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01334163
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Publications Business Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US