ENG - Assembly Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9823
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01334223 Date posted 07/15/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Systems Engineering â€" Validation is looking for a motivated, high energy individual to manage multiple engine programs within Assembly and Test Engineering Organization.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Ensure assembly operations readiness and flawless execution of test vehicle Plan, builds, teardowns, and inspections.
- Interface with CIPTs and Systems engineers to ensure assembly requirements are being met on time and within budget, interface with assembly support groups or DO group (Assembly Operation, Process Engineering, Tooling Services, Magic Shop, Clean Line, and Inspection), and lead assembly process improvement teams.Â
- Serve as the focal point within Assembly Operations for all assigned programs.Â Â
Current Assembly Engineers activity includes Next Generation Product Family of engines for the BA, MITAC, Neo, Embraer, and Irkut programs as well as advanced engine programs, operational commercial engine programs, and operational military engine programs
The Assembly Engineer must possess a sufficient depth and diversity of skills in validation programs, assembly and instrumentation techniques in jet engine development, industrial relations, and overall leadership skills to manage multiple engine builds under his/her span of control in a high paced environment.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Min 3.0 GPA; Graduating Spring/Summer 2020 (P1/P2)
- US Citizenship is required
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- 0-2 yearsâ€ experience in leading validation engine projects and in providing guidance to others.
- Strong communication skills. Â
- Proven ability in leading major validation projects, in leading process improvement projects, and in providing guidance to others. Â
- Proficient in the use of continuing improvement tools (ACE) to drive process improvements leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- ACE Associate certification is a must as well as working towards ACE Practitioner certification.
- Familiarity with PC based system.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01334223
Community / Marketing Title: ENG - Assembly Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US