IT Manager, Change Management Operations
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9822
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333900 Date posted 07/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
**Flexible on years of experience, based on your qualifications**
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Enterprise Planning and Strategy team is a part of Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Digital Technology (DT) group in East Hartford, CT. We are responsible for ensuring 24/7/365 operation of all Pratt & Whitneyâ€s key enterprise Technology assets. Our team is looking for an accomplished Information Technology Change Manager with experience in a large, complex, rapidly evolving enterprise environment.
You will be expected to collaborate with Pratt & Whitney team members in infrastructure, applications development and business partners; as well as multiple external vendors.
- Apply ITIL frameworks to normalize Change process execution across all constituents
- Lead communication efforts for changes
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs for key operational processes
- Manage the Change Management module of ServiceNow
- Provide detailed daily/weekly/monthly reports of operational activities in the environment
- Identify and lead relevant process improvement initiatives
The position requires strong teamwork and communication with outsourced IT partners, customers, senior management, security, compliance officials and other members of the DT organization. A strong desire to continue to learn about the business, and the impact of changes and outages on their operations is a key component of the position.
You'll also be responsible for the consolidation and reporting of a wide variety of infrastructure-related metrics.
Are you up for this challenge?
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Preferred fields of study include Technology, Computer Science, Engineering and Business.
- Advanced in Technology degrees preferred
- Certifications in ITIL and Project Management desired but not required
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required).
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Minimum 5+ years of Digital Technology ITIL Project Management and Change Management experience
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 7+ years of advanced project management experience related to business systems, networking and infrastructure technologies within a large corporation, leading technical project steams, strategy and implementation
- Fluency with ITIL framework and process - ITIL certification(s) desired
- Certified PMP with history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries and experience with Agile or Waterfall project management methodologies
- Expert-level knowledge of ServiceNow (specifically Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, CMDB)
- Overall understanding of enterprise architecture and standards
- Knowledge of technical computing infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage and wide area and local area networking
- Working knowledge of P&W standard business, engineering and manufacturing applications, with an ability to correlate the impact of business workload against system performance behavior
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential
- Advanced interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication capability
- Ability to perform with high energy in fast paced environment with agility to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization, including the ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical co-workers and executive leadership
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership.
- Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333900
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager, Change Management Operations
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US