MC&O - Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (MED) Associate - Summer 2020 Start
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9820
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329798 Date posted 07/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We are a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines.
Have you considered what it would be like to start your career with us? We are seeking hardworking engineering degree graduates to join our team in our Manufacturing Engineering Development (MED) program. As part of Pratt & Whitney, you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
The MED program is a two year rotational program in Manufacturing Engineering targeted at new college engineering graduates designed to expose you to the high technology, dynamic world of aviation manufacturing with challenging assignments in the many disciplines of manufacturing. This includes part manufacturing, assembly, and specialties such as Coating, Welding, Forging, and Machining. We offer development via three 8-month assignments supported with technical training opportunities. Through the hands-on rotational assignments, you will not only develop a proven knowledge base on manufacturing engineering and our products, but also have exposure to a vast range of networking and leadership experiences, and have access to senior and executive leadership team members to provide professional guidance and personal mentoring. Our goal is to prepare you to assume a Manufacturing Engineer assignment at one of Pratt & Whitney's Business Centers upon graduating from the program.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required
- You are in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Preferred fields of study are Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with a strong interest in Operations and Manufacturing.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are expected to graduate in Dec 2019 or May 2020
- You are flexible with location and able to relocate every 8 months while in the program
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Manufacturing Engineering
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel, and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- You have related internship experience
â€< United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329798
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (MED) Associate - Summer 2020 Start
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US