Military Product Line Engineer
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 9797
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01330942 Date posted 07/12/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Develop and implement plans that are in line with the Military Product Line (F100 and/or F135) business strategy to further our world class technology portfolio
- Develop airfoil routing strategies using statistical methods to drive yield improvements and process control through forging, multi axis milling and mill-turn, and broaching operations. Partner with Process Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to develop sustainable Manufacturing Quality Instructions.
- Provide operational engineering support through MRB dispositioning, QN routing, and UPPAP certification while building customer relationships
- Craft manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace airfoils
- Develop plans and processes to align with our growth strategy to support the next generation of aerospace propulsion systems
- Perform research and development activities to support cross functional areas regarding technical and or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations, and processes
- Assist with problem solving during manufacturing related investigations
- Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customerâ€s expectations
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by aligning with all policies and procedures
- Periodic travel required (
- Final Grade/Level of position will depend on experience and qualifications
- Associate Degree Required
- Bachelor Degree and Masters Degree preferred. in Engineering, Materials, Manufacturing, or technically related field
- Bachelorâ€s or Associateâ€s degree and 5+ years of experience OR Masterâ€s degree and 3+ years of experience in Engineering, Supply Chain or manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Materials, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain
- Understanding of and hands on experience with super alloy traditional machining and processing of complex 3-D geometries.
- Experience writing and auditing Manufacturing and Engineering work instructions
- Knowledge of broaching, multi axis milling, and mill-turn techniques to produce airfoils from super alloy forgings is a plus
- Knowledge of thermal processing of super alloys, robotics, heat treat, conventional and non-conventional machining techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of media finishing processes including tumble polishing, blasting, peening, and chemical processing
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Statistical Process Control required DMAIC, Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering blue prints using ASME Y14.5, showed skill with GD&T
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with experience in Project
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, etc.)
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01330942
Community / Marketing Title: Military Product Line Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US