Shop Assist- Supply Chain
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9793
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333357 Date posted 07/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
PrattandWhitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while mentoring and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success in their lean journey. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work in a challenging environment. The candidate should able be able to provide a high level of customer focus while meeting business objectives.
This position is within the dynamic, quick response environment of the Shop Assist Supply Chain.
Responsibilities will include quoting, cost analysis/ price justification, and placement of Purchase Orders to support Mod Center Temporary (TVA) and Permanent (PVA) Vendor Assist.
Additionally, there will be interface with cross functional team (materials, quality, engineering, manufacturing engineering) to monitor, manage and potentially alternate source develop suppliers to ensure adequate capacity exists to ensure all internal customer requirements are met.
- You will Manage manufacturing / supplier relationships, including cost and inventory management and customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Manage on time placement purchase order execution including updates to Purchase Orders for expedite/ premium deliveries through SA 6124â€s to ensure on time product delivery to the Mod Center. Also, proactively work billing adjustments / terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution.
- You will stay in sync with all aspects of the P&W Procurement Manual and GSC Standard Work for Shop Assist.
- Reduce quality-related turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings. Attend and support VCAB meetings to resolve quality issues as required.
- Foster active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, supplier program reviews and assisting Supplier Gold Specialists
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
- 4+ years buying experience, operations or Supply Chain experience.
- Bachelors Degree
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- QCPC input to help reduce turnbacks
- Experience in negotiating
- Bachelor Degree in business, supply chain, technical discipline
- Masters Degree
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to lead projects and develop and mentor other leaders
- Experience in using ACE tools to make process improvements
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333357
Community / Marketing Title: Shop Assist- Supply Chain
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US