Lead Technician Field Service, San Diego CA
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 9789
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01327453 Date posted 07/12/2019 City San Diego State California Country United States
United States of America
A51: Power Systems - Aerospace 4400 Ruffin Road, San Diego, CA, 92186 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Lead Technician, Field Services to be based in the San Diego, CA area and to support the US and non-U.S. Locations as required. International travel is required.
- Perform mobile repair team activities in U.S AND non-U.S Locations
- Refurbishment and return to service of engines, modules and components
- Perform mobile repair team activities
- Hangar and field support work, airframe interface
- Direct customer interface
- Engine trouble shooting assistance
- Engine diagnostics to include EEC software upgrades
- Support Production and Flight test activities
- Support ALL PWC Program activities as required
- Support legacy engine programs as required
- There is up to 90% travel, both domestic and international, and extended hours associated with this role. Ability to obtain US Passport and ability to obtain international Visa is required .
Additional Information and FAA Requirements (t he following requirements apply to this position):
Must be willing to travel and work extended hours.
FAA Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program â€" This position is covered under the PWES FAA Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program. The selected candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment FAA drug screen (and negative results received) prior to the candidate being transferred to this new position.
Vision Program - This position is covered under the PWES Vision program, and the selected candidate will be a participant in this program
- High School Diploma
- Airframe & Powerplant License
- 8+ yearsâ€ experience - Inspection of Engine parts Refurbishment, troubleshooting, repairs and return to service of engines, modules and components or similar experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Shop/Bench refurbishment experience
- P&WC powered Airframe experience
- Four year Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management preferred
- Prior PT6, JT15D, PW300, PW500 and PW800 shop and field experience is a plus
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Heavy hangar/FBO/field experience - rigging, R&I, MRP's, aircraft interface
- Excellent customer service skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01327453
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technician Field Service, San Diego CA
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US