MC&O - QED - Quality Engineering Development Rotational
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9780
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01334131 Date posted 07/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to start your career with us? We are seeking hardworking engineering degree graduates to join our team in our Quality Engineering Development (QED) program. We are committed to being the world-class provider of dependable engines, propulsion systems, parts and services that meet customer expectations. Quality, compliance to requirements, and continuous improvement are key in all that we do. This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We have built an environment where each and every employee has value.
The Pratt & Whitney Quality Engineering Development Program (QED) is a two-year rotational program for recent engineering graduates. The program is designed to expose you to the challenging world of aerospace quality. Bridging several diverse technical sub-disciplines - Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Quality, Program Quality, Materials Review, Aftermarket Support and Lean Mfg./Six Sigma, participants get in-depth exposure to commercial and military engine technical problem solving, product reviews, industry and regulatory compliance strategy, and enterprise quality practices.
Two year program with three 8-month assignments
- 300+ hours of technical training
- Exposure to Quality, product inspection, process certification, Lean mfg., and regulatory and industry standards
- Gage suitability, tooling and fixtures, inspection, automated processes, continuous improvement "Kaizen" tools and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- At the conclusion of this program, graduates assume full-time positions as Quality experts in one of our U.S. based production facilities.
What to Expect
- Inclusive and collaborative environment
- Networking across multiple Quality roles
- Travel opportunities in some assignments
- Exposure to supply base, customers, and leaders
- Career mentoring and guidance
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required
- You have a bachelor's degree in engineering, preferred fields of study are Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Materials Engineering with a strong interest in Quality and Manufacturing
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a strong demonstrated desire for a career in Quality Assurance / Quality Engineering
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- You have had an introduction to quality principles and tools
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01334131
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - QED - Quality Engineering Development Rotational
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US