Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9774
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01326212 Date posted 07/11/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. As a Quality Engineer, you will support the Middletown, CT Compression Systems Module Center (CSMC) for P&W Operations. You will serve as a focal point that works with Engineering, Customer Support, Procurement, and other functional disciplines to drive the quality signature in support of product delivery for critical high precision engine components. Driving quality issues to resolution, this position requires innovative ways to problem solving, the ability to develop timely action plans for resolution, and the ability to coordinate implementation of corrective actions to the action plan developed. Working both independently and within team environments, additional duties will include:
- Provide technical support and maintain a strong working relationship with the operations team
- Investigate and analyze any hardware/assembly concerns causing quality and delivery issues by reviewing procedures, specifications, instructions, processes, and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawing, specifications, and standards in an effort to resolve Quality and Delivery concerns
- Determine the proper disposition of nonconforming material when participating in the Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Generate, maintain, and provide quality metrics to the P&W Management team and oversee quality improvement programs
- Establish and maintain customer relations and other relevant functions, with respect to the quality for the different engine families
- Serve as a liaison to government and customer representatives for the Quality discipline as needed
- This is an AWW (alternate work week) position with hours of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain Quality or Manufacturing Quality
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Engineering or quality experience in the aerospace industry
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6Ï, etc.)
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to multi-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, as well as, strong presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations regulatory requirements or work experience with government regulatory agencies is desirable
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, AS9102, & ISO
- Ability to process and communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies
- Quality system knowledge and familiarity with SAP System transactions and the ability to query data from SAP and Solumina database systems
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01326212
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US