Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9771
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01330411 Date posted 07/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. Hot Section Module Center (HSMC)Â North is a world class fabricator of military combustors, augmentors, nozzles and specialty coated hardware.Â HSMC NorthÂ is a key contributor to the F119 and JSF 135 engine programsÂ with a diverse and complex product line.Â Â We are looking forÂ a high energy individual with strong people and communication skills to lead a 1st shift team of highly skilled and dedicated quality NDT inspectors.Â
- Review NDT findings and perform recommendations for product acceptance
- Oversee and coordinate the certification of new inspectors
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on quality of work performance and productivity while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure employee accountable and empowerment while maintaining a strong working relationship based on trust, integrity and fairness developing a motivated, effective team
- Develop and improve employeeÂ technical skills to create a versatile workforce to maximize job satisfaction and customer support
- Promote employee engagement through team building events and active listening to foster a sense of ownership and positive work culture
- Uphold a world class safety culture by ensuring compliance to EH&S policies and training requirements and effective communications of safety concerns
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements and resource availability
- Manage all aspects of assigned bargaining unit workforce (time and attendance, time off, rewards, training, communications, etc)
- Provide effective communications toÂ management and supervisory team to facilitate awareness and timely resolution of issues and maintain a smooth transition between shifts
- Utilize lean tools to support continuous improvement initiatives with full engagement and participation of the workforce
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of technical experience with NDT processes such as X-ray and FPI
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Certified or ability to be certified as a level 3 examiner in at least two NDT disciplines, preferably X-ray and FPI
- General familiarity with inspection tooling and techniques
- Leadership/supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication and inter personal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure manufacturing union shop environment and multitask as required
- General familiarity in the use of continuous improvement tools, such as robust root cause analysis and principles of lean manufacturing.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01330411
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US