ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Software Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9765
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333810 Date posted 07/10/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Control & Diagnostics System (CDS) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented CO-OP to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support the designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures hardware and software standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform full life cycle support for Embedded Software Development.
- Develop applications for engineering and non-engineering programs.
- Perform low complexity data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
- Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333810
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Software Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US