ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Structural Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9756
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333834 Date posted 07/10/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
Cold Section Engineering (CSE) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico are currently looking for a motivated and talented CO-OP to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support the analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs. Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowable and structural modeling. Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs. Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes. Designs chemical plant equipment and devises processes for manufacture of chemical products. Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in Finite Element (FE) Modeling, Computer Aided Design Tools (CAD), materials, loads and hand calculations to perform structural analysis for Externals parts models.
- Conducting analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
- Formulates methods of computer analysis, performs structural engineering analysis, and develops structural engineering specifications, and researches hardware and material, to assure compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Performs structural engineering analysis which may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis to ensure scientific principles are applied and the resulting product meets structural engineering specifications.
- Utilizes a variety of software applications and tools to develop structural engineering specifications.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333834
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Structural Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US