ENG-HSE-Intern, Durability Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9748
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333415 Date posted 07/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyone's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for a motivated Intern in Durability Engineering to join our team in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the development of engine components ranging from the combustor, to turbine rotors and airfoils, to major structural cases which operate at substantially elevated temperatures.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- In this role, you get exposure to and learn heat transfer, fluids, and lifting technical assessments and analyses. These analyses are necessary to support the design, development, validation, production implementation and management of advanced and operational engines flying across the globe. You will have the opportunity to work with the various hardware, components and systems HSE owns, including: turbine airfoils, combustors, and heat exchangers.
- This intern will be an integral member of the Durability team, working tasks and challenging problems focused on engine safety, reliability, capability, robustness and affordability.
- You will collaborate with small teams and receive mentoring and coaching from experts and senior engineers in the field.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney! This is a unique opportunity for a college student in Engineering to get some high-quality industry experience and potentially start a long career working state of the art technologies on the best engines in the world.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: B.S. or M.S. degree program in Engineering is required
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is highly preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333415
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-HSE-Intern, Durability Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US