Process Methods Engineer – F135 MRO&U Depot (Norway)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9738
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01330789 Date posted 07/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. PrattandWhitney is the global leader in crafting and developing state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofanâ¢ for commercial and military aircrafts. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Process Methods Engineer at the F135 MRO&U Depot in NORWAY.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENT IN NORWAY
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The process methods engineer provides timely work scope definitions for engine and/or module repair that are comprehensive, clear, concise, cost effective, and meets customer-defined requirements.
- The PME will construct work packages for the work to be performed at the depot.
- Read and provide interpretation of Engine Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Standard Practice Manual, Blueprints and Component Maintenance Manuals as necessary to support production.
- Provide disposition to work requests/work package changes using standard work processes and approved technical references for released work control documents.
- Create and maintain work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products.
- Will participate in Six-Sigma and Lean engineering analyses to improve product/process development and sustain production.
- Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control.
- Participate in teams reviewing and investigating deficient material or product quality deficiencies; write thorough, concise and technically sound reports as required.
- Perform any other related MRO functions as required by management to ensure the success of the MRO site.
*This position may require the ability to obtain/maintain security clearance and access requirements.
Education / Certifications
BS in aerospace, engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 4 years experience leading personnel in related field
- Experience/familiarity F135 Production/MRO&U level maintenance
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required work permits and other access requirements
- Experience working with Solumina or similar applications a plus â€" putting together work packages on the shop floor
- You will have excellent business ethics, communication, listening, business judgment, teamwork, and developing talent competencies
- You will also have the ability to adhere to a flexible schedule to support business demands while on assignment to include working weekends and holiday
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01330789
Community / Marketing Title: Process Methods Engineer – F135 MRO&U Depot (Norway)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US