Field Service Engineer F135 - Ogden, Utah
Location: Hill AFB, Utah US
Job Number: 9736
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01272620 Date posted 07/09/2019 City Hill AFB State Utah Country United States
United States of America
PW157: Ogden, Utah Remote Location, Remote City, UT, 84056 USA
Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Pratt and Whitney Â is the global leader in crafting and developing state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofanâ¢ for commercial and military aircrafts. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking F135 Field Service Representative (FSR) to represent the P&W Team at Hill AFB, Ogden, Utah.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Military Engines F135 Fleet Operations is seeking a motivated, attention to detail, self-starter with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as a Field Service Engineer(FSE) with a maintenance management or propulsion maintenance background. This position is a customer facing role in a high visibility and team oriented environment.
Your responsibilities for this role will include:
- You'll be supporting F-35/F135 operations to include flight line operations, systems, tooling, material, and processes. The FSE will have hands-on interaction with the engine (software and hardware), aircraft, and squadron personnel.
- FSE's ensure comprehensive reporting on support activities including aircraft and engine status, flight reports, operational data, engine configuration status and parts consumption.
- You'll work closely with internal P&W teams (Customer Support Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Center, ALIS teams) to assist the unit in troubleshooting and resolution of emerging customer issues and maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities.
- You'll have the opportunity to use self-initiative and discernment to identify problems, conduct investigations to determine root cause, and coordinate solutions between P&W, the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office, and Lockheed Martin. You'll also be tasked with coordinating field issues with P&W Site Manager, Engineering, and Logistics Program Management and Sustainment Operations.
- Aligning with Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements and participating in Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) initiatives.
- FSE's travel for extended periods of time to support customer deployments. Domestic and International Travel and part of the team concept. You will be required to have the ability to rotate first and second shift schedules as required to meet customer support and team objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Education / Certifications
- BS/BA degree required in engineering or related technical field.
- Non-technical degrees will be considered if you have 8+ years appropriate/related experience.
- You should possess a minimum 4+ years of professional experience in engine/aircraft maintenance, logistics, and logistics support -this includes supply chain management and Support Equipment management
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Applicants will be in possession of a US Govt, Secret Clearance or have the ability to secure one for position requirements
- We are seeking a highly motivated employee with a team oriented attitude
- We would also like you to have a demonstrated strong work history of exceptional communication and influential skills, that enable you to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Background in ITAR/ITC is desired for this assignment
- Individuals who have had a clearance that has recently lapsed (not more than 2 years), may apply for consideration
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01272620
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Engineer F135 - Ogden, Utah
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hill AFB, Utah US