Location: Holt, Michigan US
Job Number: 9730
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333058 Date posted 07/09/2019 City Holt State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? A rare opportunity exists to join us as the Quality Manager at Pratt and Whitney Auto-Air in Holt Michigan. This role encompasses a Quality leadership opportunity of a diverse PWAA Team employed in the Plant 5 fan blade facility. The success of the PWAA Quality team is integral to Pratt & Whitney's overall business objectives and achievements of engine programs and associated customers.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As a groundbreaking leader, you will provide support to the overall strategic leadership and tactical management direction to the Holt Quality organization while driving behavior that exhibits the highest business integrity.
- Ensure compliance to company, customer, regulatory, and other procedures and requirements for the site, you will champion a quality culture in a positive and teaming manner.
- Through leadership and effective communication, you will drive both the strategic and tactical execution of the Quality System.
- Integrate and teams with the facility Business Unit Managers and their teams.
- Drive the elimination of escapes and Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ).
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Organize and promote company-wide quality improvement efforts.
- Implement and maintain the company Quality system in accordance with current quality standards, reporting on the performance of quality system for review and as a foundation for improvement.
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of repair station procedures.
- Partner with external parties including regulatory agencies on matters relating to the quality system.
- Assist and lead teams executing all aspects of a robust Quality Assurance program, including inspection, records, site audits, FAA compliance, and customer requirements.
- Use robust ACE and other industry recognized tools to drive business efficiencies and improvements.
- Lead investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action solutions as needed. Utilizes turn-back data to drive the identification of critical systemic issues.
- Drive safety as a number one priority. Participates in at least one major site committee for Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Focus on communication, training, teaming management practices, and employee respect to foster a diverse culture of engaged and committed employees.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts
- 7+ years of manufacturing or quality experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 5 Years working in an AS9100 regulated facility is preferred
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333058
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Holt, Michigan US