Chief of Staff, Digital Technologies
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9714
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01330418 Date posted 07/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney has embarked on a full-scale digital transformation led by the Chief Digital Officer (CDO). As a results, our Digital Technology team is seeking a highly motivated individual that has the drive to help champion our journey towards becoming a digital leader. The Chief of Staff is a highly visible position with frequent exposure to senior leadership. This position reports directly to the CDO.
This position plays a critical role in providing advisory and administrative support to the CDO, at times taking the lead on project management, and in other occasions coordinating all activities across the Digital Transformation towers.
This role will provide the opportunity to work with senior business leaders, and take on new challenges daily. If you're looking for a demanding position that will challenge you professionally and has a high degree of visibility across the organization, this could be a great opportunity for you!
- Collaborate with DT and business representatives to identify solutions to organizational challenges
- Act as an advisor for new ideas and initiatives
- Assist with identification and strategic alignment of key priorities
- Identify process improvement opportunities and take initiative to address issues
- Ensure all key strategic initiatives are executed per schedule
- Provide insight into the health of the current organization (e.g., employee satisfaction, issues, etc.)
- Prepare all presentations, including: Monthly updates to P&W President and UTC SVP & CDO; EC Day, OMM, Town Hall and all external speaking opportunities
- Participate in meetings, keep track of action items and drive open tasks to completion
- Execute meeting preparation and follow-up activities including: Review of upcoming weekly schedule; information / data collection; distribution of documentation to meeting attendees
- Create and review internal and external communications including: organization-wide emails, presentations, Mysite articles, speeches, etc.
- You hold Bachelor's degree (required) or advanced degree. Preferred fields of study include Technology, Engineering or Business
- You are a US Person (Permanent Green Card or US Citizen)
- You have 5 years of experience in Executive Support, Strategic Project Management, Organizational Development and/or Business Process Management
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 7+ years of general project management and executive support experience within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing and Digital Technologies a plus
- Dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- You're highly self-directed, high degree of initiative and ability to learn quickly, drive and deliver results. Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization. Expert ability to listen and learn to communicate in someone else's "written voice" in order to generate presentations, communications and other publications
- Exceptionally well organized with analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects / priorities simultaneously a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Extremely adaptable to changing priorities with ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- You're an effective decision-maker with superb time management skills, excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Able to provide strategic leadership as well as roll up sleeves and perform administrative work such as creating presentations and setting up webinars and conference rooms meetings
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership
- Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively influencing others to achieve outcomes while building relationships and networks across departments
- Advanced-level use of PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office programs. Experience with SAP a plus but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01330418
Community / Marketing Title: Chief of Staff, Digital Technologies
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US