CI Project Manager, BPM
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9712
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01332942 Date posted 07/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- Job Description
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a high performance and goal oriented Continuous Improvement/Project Manager to be based in East Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The role will be responsible for leading BPM process improvement and cross-functional projects, initiatives, and collaborations across Operations. Identifies, coordinates, and secures funding for potential projects to improve business results. Success will be measured based upon the successful transformation of Operations and improvement in the relevant key performance indicators and customer satisfaction. You will demonstrate continuous improvement methods and tools as part of leading projects to improve processes, as well as coaching others and developing standards. This position will report into the Business Process Management (BPM) organization. Strong data analytical skills to understand root cause and develop more efficient and effective processes.
- Responsible for an entire project or several components of a project of complex component of a larger project. Project Management experience and expertise required.
- Ensuring key project achievements are well-defined. Create plan for Budget, Resources, and timeline to ensure projects remains on schedule, while promptly addressing and closing gaps. Experience working with finance and digital technology teams.
- Identify, lead and support continuous improvement with multidisciplinary individuals to provide: project charter; process, and swim lane maps to create solutions across large, complex projects in a matrix environment.
- Lead change management activities to ensure smooth early partner engagement including process owner to ensure successful transition to future state. Demonstrate risk tools to create and effective plan and ensure the deployment of improved processes, tools and solutions to improve business results. Use RACI to clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Monitoring projects progress, landmarks and key measures. Preparing Gate/Passport packages and present and gain approval to all stakeholders along with senior leadership through a BPM Council.
- Reporting through BPM Council and other report-outs and advancing when applicable, on project challenges and measures to meet schedule, budget and performance requirements.
- Support BPM team to identify and prioritize improvement initiatives to achieve business results using standard methodology Process Management tools and methods.
- Understand and provide guidance as a subject matter expert in project management and CI.
- Travel requirements: 10% Employment
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Engineering with a minimum 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or engineering
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master's degree in Manufacturing or Engineering with a
- minimum of 2+ years of working in cost manufacturing engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, high proficiency with Excel
- ACE Associate/ACE Event Leader/Green belt certification, ACE Practitioner, Lean or Six Sigma Black belt certifications
- Experience in Business Practices in Operations including, Materials, Global Supply, etc.
- Project Certification, PMP IT Experience
- Experience executing integration and regression training Experience with SAP functionality including SNC
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01332942
Community / Marketing Title: CI Project Manager, BPM
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US