ENG-CE-Customer Technical Services/Maintenance Data Associate Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9703
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01332165 Date posted 07/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are seeking an Associate Engineer for Customer Technical Services and Maintenance Data Engineering for operational support to airlines, overhaul shops and component repair shops in our commercial gas turbine engine business.
The Associate Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Program Office, Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs), regulatory authorities, field service reps, the Global Operations Center and Customer Service Managers to review and implement fleet management solutions for technical and logistics support of commercial engine operators.
- Develop and update engine manuals, service bulletins and engineering authorizations.
- Publish and update technical data via engine manuals to maintain engines in-service.
- Meet performance metrics for on-time delivery of technical cases thru the Eagle Net system for AOG and non-AOG events, field investigations, engine manual inquiries and tooling/equipment.
- Support the planning and execution of comprehensive projects which provide specialized technical service and logistics support related to the introduction, maintenance, modification, operation, overhaul, repair or inspection of customer's in-service engines. Support Aftermarket initiatives and cost savings programs for Commercial Engine Services FMPs.
- Define configuration standards and logistics support requirements for customer's in-service equipment.
- Review engine performance and reliability data and the effects of operating and design variables, and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Support release of technical communications / Service Bulletins and other documents (Engineering Changes, Technical Data Packages).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: B.S. in Engineering.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- The ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication.
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- This position will require approximately 10% travel.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01332165
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CE-Customer Technical Services/Maintenance Data Associate Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US