Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9700
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333286 Date posted 07/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for hardworking individuals to join our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you're looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an unusual opportunity for a Senior Manager with our Engineering Quality organization in E. Hartford, Connecticut.
As Senior Manager you will:
- Lead the Engineering Quality (EQ) Clinic to ensure that Engineering issues are driven to corrective and preventive action closure (updates to P and W Design System, e.g., Engineering Standard Work and/or Engineering tools/methods) preventing future events or problem recurrence
- Facilitate the EQ clinic investigation team for Product Recall events through the DIVE process for all escapes and provide process guidance to the Engineering organization.
- Participate in the Coordination and execution of DIVE investigations with Engineering personnel and Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Investigate, coordinate and oversee the independent investigation of all engineering escapes to include population bounding, root cause, corrective actions and implementation.
- Participate in Engineering and Quality investigations and improvement activities.
- Follow up on Corrective actions tied to Investigations / Disclosures
- Facilitate investigations into escapes and non-compliances to determine root cause, ensure identification of robust corrective actions and tracking effectiveness
- Support risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Seek continuous improvement and use ACE tools to analyze past events (including root causes) in order to improve systems and controls.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in Engineering, Quality, or Manufacturing position
- US Citizenship due to government programs
- Degree in Engineering, Quality, or similar technical field of study
- Master's Degree is helpful
- Experience as a Quality Clinic Discipline Chief, or similar role is desired
- Strong presentation, planning, and analytical skills,
- Organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of Pratt and Whitney Quality Management System a plus
- Significant experience with ACE Tools and Methods, or Lean Six Sigma.
- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, and Excel
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively with associates at all levels through the organization
- Ability to craft clear communication and build meaningful relationships
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333286
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US