Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9693
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01331282 Date posted 07/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you have or plan on graduating with a degree in engineering soon? Are you fascinated with flight and jet engines that roar? Then you should considered a career at Pratt & Whitney! Pratt and Whitney is looking for future talent and wants to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for an associate research engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Survivability Discipline Group is responsible for Survivability development for Pratt & Whitney Military Engines. This dynamic organization provides System Integrated Product Team (SIPT) leadership for Infrared Signature, Radar Cross Section Signature and Vulnerability disciplines and manages Propulsion System Signature Validation Testing.
The current opening for an associate research engineer in the EM engineering group is responsible helping develop engines with survivability characteristics.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting engineering analysis and testing to verify survivability requirements.
- Candidate should have some working knowledge of electromagnetics, some experience working with CAD, an understanding and or skills to create finite element models, and the ability to work in cross functional teams.
- In addition, the role will require experience in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), skills in verbal/written communication, assertiveness, and time management.
- The position will also require some working knowledge of LINUX and or experience working with High Parallel Computer systems.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01331282
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-MEE-Associate Engineer,Research
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US