ENG-CE-Associate Engineer, General Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9690
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01332168 Date posted 07/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Associate Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Program Office, Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs), regulatory authorities, field service reps, the Global Operations Center and Customer Service Managers to review and implement fleet management solutions for technical and logistics support of PW2000, PW4000 and PW6000 operators.
- Develop and update engine manuals, service bulletins and engineering authorizations.
- Publish and update technical data via engine manuals to maintain engines in-service.
- Meet performance metrics for on-time delivery of technical cases thru the Eagle Net system for AOG and non-AOG events, field investigations, engine manual inquiries and tooling/equipment.
- Support the planning and execution of comprehensive projects which provide specialized technical service and logistics support related to the introduction, maintenance, modification, operation, overhaul, repair or inspection of customer's in-service engines.
- Support Aftermarket initiatives and cost savings programs for Commercial Engine Services FMPs.
- Define configuration standards and logistics support requirements for customer's in-service equipment.
- Review engine performance and reliability data and the effects of operating and design variables, and recommend changes as appropriate. Support release of technical communications / Service Bulletins and other documents (Engineering Changes, Technical Data Packages).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: B.S. in Engineering.
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- This position will require approximately 10% travel.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- The ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01332168
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CE-Associate Engineer, General Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US