Test Facilities Trades Associate LG 5
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9681
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329791 Date posted 07/08/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity based in West Palm Beach, FL. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the next opportunity you've been looking for. Opportunities exist for you to join us as our next Test Facilities Trades Associate!
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Typical duties you will preform:
- Work from work orders, drawings, samples and broad instructions from supervisor, working lead, higher labor grade associate or engineers to assist in fabrication or repair test area related equipment.
- Operate shop equipment: drill press, bench grinders, horizontal & vertical saws, Hydraulic hole punch, hoist operation and rigging. Also, Operate heavy machinery: 5 Ton thru 25 Ton Fork Lifts, Scissor Lifts, Articulating Booms and Tugsto perform somewhat complicated construction, modification, repair, cleaning and installation of test area related equipment.
- Utilize the computer work order system and maintain computerized records and reports to audit analyze and compute data to ensure compliance with department and customer procedures and requirements.
- Performssome routinewelding operations on parts, fixtures, rigs, and various test equipment of diverse materials using Tungsten Inert Gas, Shielded Metal Arc and Metal Inert Gas Welding. Perform soldering and brazing operations.
- Performsomecutting operations using oxygen acetylene rig, plasma rig and arc gouging.
- Work with supervision, engineering, working lead and higher labor grade employees to resolve requirements for the fabrication of various items to support test maintenance and construction operations including hoses, lift equipment, and special items fabricated from samples.
- Tackle and perform preventative maintenance on all types of equipment including heavy machinery, lifting devices, high pressure systems, and test area special test equipment.
- Align with P&W and industry specifications and procedures to align rotating and non-rotating equipment. Perform failure analysis and devise special tooling to remove, install and align rigs and various test equipment.
- Follow environmental/safety laws and program requirements to ensure safe working conditions and to preserve a healthy working environment.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years work experience with Mechanical Maintenance Mechanical Maintenance/ Sheet Metal Fabrication /Welding
- 1+ year experience working with sketches, charts, blueprints, schematics, diagrams and functional use of shop math
- 5+ years work experience with Mechanical Maintenance Mechanical Maintenance/ Sheet Metal Fabrication /Welding
- 2+ years experience working with sketches, charts, blueprints, schematics, diagrams and functional use of shop mathâ€<
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329791
Community / Marketing Title: Test Facilities Trades Associate LG 5
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US