Non-Product Supplier Manager/Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9680
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329464 Date posted 07/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow?Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Specialist, Material Planning, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning to be based in East Hartford, CT
- Identify, initiate and drive cost reduction strategies and actions to meet corporate budget tasks through:Analysis of non-product spend for cost savings projects related to sourcing, consumption, and compliance projects.
- Assisting suppliers in meeting contract requirements for delivery, quality, and SMART Choice savings,
- Assisting mod center M.E.s to identify projects and drive to completion,
- Support conducting testing and evaluation of new aerospace machine tools and creating test and quality reports.
- Create tracking metrics and reporting on the status of initiatives to Management and Executives.
- Participate in quarterly supplier reviews while tracking supplier performance to ensure supplier accountability to on-time delivery, cost metrics and quality targets
- Disposition supplier non-conformances for accept or reject and lead supplier to complete RRCA for all escapes
- Monitor supply chain capability and capacity plans where issues are identified.
- Provide input to UTC Supply Management for contract negotiations
- Complete export reviews for jurisdiction and classification of tool drawings, CAD files, and tooling commodities.
- Maintain all company procedures for the procurement of chemicals.
- Support daily supplier issue problem resolution and drive root cause identification and corrective actions.
- Up to 10% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Management
- 5+ years of experience in project management or supplier management related experience
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering or Management with 3+ years of project management or supplier management experience
- Solid leadership and management skills with demonstrated success in program management
- Demonstrated ACE / Supplier Gold experience to mentor and assist non-product suppliers understanding of the UTC MTA requirements.
- Experience with Lean Methodologies to promote continuous improvement and drive savings requirements
- Forward thinking to align suppliers with PW strategic planning
- Demonstrated success with program implementation and expansion
- Project management knowledge
- Basic DDM, Doc Access experience to review tool drawings
- ITC L2 Tooling experience helpful, or willingness to complete ITC training
- Strong decision-making and administrative abilities
- Strong customer relationship
- Preferred experience with Solumina and CAPP work instructions
- Preferred knowledge of perishable tooling applications
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, SAP, and MS SharePoint
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional environment, resolve conflicts, prioritize and manage ambiguity
- Ability to be an effective teammate and partner on corporate initiatives
- Ability to craft clear and concise communications and presentation
- Ability to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329464
Community / Marketing Title: Non-Product Supplier Manager/Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US