Senior Manager, Software Development
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9675
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01331833 Date posted 07/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity at our East Hartford, CT location.
Senior Manager, Software Development
You will be Responsible for the supervision of the Military Engines, Software Development Team within the Digital Transformation & Analytics organization (ME COE). This position will be responsible for the teamâ€s success and its impact on the ME business.
This is a 2nd level supervisory position; envisioned to manage an organization of 17 employees.
Majority of time for this position is spent performing all supervisory functions including performance reviews, employee development, terminations, hiring, budget planning & execution.
Although goals will be achieved through performance of direct and/or indirect reports, this position takes responsibility for the quality of the products produced by the team.
Technically, the Military Engines Software Development team will automate and improve various internal business processes, install and maintain business critical software supporting Technical Publications and Earned Value processes, and streamline processes within the Software Development team.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- A B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related mathematically focused area is required
- B.S. w/ 8+ years of experience as a software development team manager OR an Advanced Degree w/ 5+ years as a software development team manager
- Excellent leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated & capable of working independently as well as within a group environment
- Experience with process and workflow documentation â€" good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A variety of business and technical skills
- Working knowledge of USAF and USN data collection systems, maintenance processes, and organizational structures are highly valued
- Relational database development and strong SQL experience preferred
- Formal training in IT project management (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) would be highly valued
- Familiarity with P&W engine products
- Ability to obtain security clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01331833
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Software Development
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US