Associate Director, Engine Health Management (EHM) Services
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9670
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01330465 Date posted 07/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for an Associate Director, Engine Health Management Services role at our East Hartford, CT campus.
In this role, you will providing long-term strategic vision as well as day-to-day operational guidance to a team supporting hundreds of customers and thousands of engines on a 24 hour, 7 day basis with our various EHM services, including ADEMTM (Advanced Diagnostics and Engine Management) system and eFASTâ¢ (enhanced Flight-Data Acquisition, Storage and Transmission) data services.
ADEMTM is a business critical web-based suite of software tools that supports P&W Fleet Management Program, Fleet Hour Agreement, and Engine Management Program services for all large commercial engine models, including Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Geared Turbo-fan. It is used by customers and P&W personnel in every region of the world to monitor on-wing engine performance and support maintenance planning.
eFASTâ¢ is a full flight data ecosystem enabling Pratt & Whitneyâ€s next generation engine health management capabilities. The system has access to 100,000 engine and aircraft parameters and is capable of recording 6,000 parameters on a continuous basis. eFAST provides customers advanced configuration management options without requiring physical access to the aircraft. Data services, managed by the EHM team, can be sent via Wi-Fi, cellular or ACARS, allowing customers to better manage the cost of data transmission.
This role provides exposure to all P&W large commercial engine programs, both legacy and new, as well as domestic and international customers.
You will assess business challenges, drive innovation and motivate a highly-skilled workforce in a challenging cross-organizational environment.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead development and implementation of new EHM services, including collaborations with airlines, air-framers and other key industry players
- The selected candidate will be a proven strategic visionary capable of developing short and long-term plans to deliver advanced analytic capabilities in support of customer and business growth objectives
- Lead teamâ€s efforts to ensure reliable, quality, delivery of EHM services and data services for current and new customers to meet customer expectations
- Continue to drive Pratt & Whitney cultural transformation within the organization by fostering a culture of inclusion, diversity and empowerment
- Influence and lead cross-functional alignment in support of EHM priorities by partnering with DT, Engineering and across the Commercial Engines organizations
- Serve as the single focal point for all marketing and communications of EngineWise/EHM initiatives, including writing of articles and speak at PW/UTC Leadership events and industry conferences.
- Identify opportunities to further leverage resources (internal and outsourced) for long term support and anticipated growth of the services
- You are a US Citizen ue to Government Contracts.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree required; preferred fields include Mechanical or Aerospace engineering.
- Advanced Business Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- 5 years of direct customer-facing work experience in a technical or business role
- 5-7 years of direct experience leading large organizations/teams
- 5 years of contract negotiations experience
- U.S. Citizen - required due to Government contracts
- Fundamental understanding of aerospace, gas turbine engine performance, and/or onboard avionics systems.
- Proven capability in making timely, critical decisions to ensure business needs and timelines are met
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate and manage change effectively.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and executive presentation experience
- You are highly skilled at analyzing and learning new business processes.
- Experience in managing digital projects.
- Aftermarket or Program Management experience
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01330465
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Engine Health Management (EHM) Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US