Staff Engineer, Software Engineer-ASIC & FPGA-Design
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 9650
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01315170 Date posted 07/02/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry. We have an exciting new opening for a Staff Engineer, Software Engineer (ASIC & FPGA-Design) , in our Aguadilla Puerto Rico.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION :
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Leads multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition. Ensures hardware and software standards are met. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use. Develops software configuration standards for company-wide use. Provides training to software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Includes control modeling (model based design).
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- May lead team in technical aspects of the job: requirements capture, ASIC / FPGA digital architecture and design using RTL, timing analysis and closure, and lead verification, and system integration
- RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog
- Integrate FPGA/ASIC designs in a collaborative lab environment
- Lead Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA design flow
- Provide engineering judgment for decision making, alternate solutions and corrective actions.
- Perform independently in complex projects or various components of a larger project.
- Perform inspections in multiple types of work and provide feedback.
- Responsible for coaching and providing technical guidance to other technical level.
- Assist supervisors with assessing and improving group technical competencies by preparing training materials and instructions.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying and resolving challenging technical issues.
- Represent the discipline in technical discussions.
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Actively participate in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Actively participate in project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science*.
*Bachelor in Computer Science needs to include 12-18 credits hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10-15 credit hours in natural science including physics is required.
- 7 Years of related experience in software engineering
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience with either DO-178, DO-254 or software development lifecycle
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- Knowledge with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion, ClearCase, Git, RCS)
- RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with Unix, scripting, C/C++, Python, and/or Perl
- Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
- Proficiency using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Modelsim, Synopsys, FPGA-specific tools)
- Ability to work independently, be part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
- Ability to manage programs or parts of the program including successfully managing small group of engineers under your technical guidance.
- Familiarity with chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
- ASIC / FPGA lab validation with lab equipment (e.g. Osciliscopes, Logic Analyzers)
- Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01315170
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer, Software Engineer-ASIC & FPGA-Design
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US