Operations Supervisor (2nd shift)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 9641
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01329754 Date posted 06/28/2019 City Middletown State Pennsylvania Country United States
United States of America
PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and â€leanâ€ manufacturing initiatives?
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt &Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
Pratt & Whitney Amercon, Inc. is a subsidiary of Pratt & Whitney Company and manufacturer of aircraft components and equipment. The company was incorporated in 1998 and is based in Middletown, Pennsylvania. P&W Amercon provides precision machined turbine blades, vanes and hot section components to primary turbine engine manufacturers.
We are actively seeking to hire a hardworking individual for a 2nd ShiftOperations Supervisor position at our Middletown, Pennsylvania-17057 location.
* Relocation assistance offered * 2nd st shift core hours: 2 pm - 10 pm.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising a group of hourly employees in a dynamic manufacturing/operations environment. You will lead and coach to skilled Amercon employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts. In addition to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to success. You will adopt the ACE Operating System and lean manufacturing vision to thrive in a team environment with high performance expectations.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities.
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and effectively balance workload.
- Provide leadership and direction for 2nd shift employees, with emphasis on team building and standard work execution through effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes.
- Manage employee performance and skill development.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet customer satisfaction.
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving production goals.
- Ensure a world-class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Ensure full involvement in continuous improvement initiatives â€" utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework and repair.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- There is up to 10% domestic travel associated with the role.
- Bachelorsâ€ Degree and minimum 1 yearsâ€ experience that includes shop floor/operations/ manufacturing/production environment OR Associates Degree with minimum 2 yearsâ€ experience that includes shop floor/operations/ manufacturing/production environment OR High School Diploma/GED with minimum 6 yearsâ€ experience that includes shop floor/operations/ manufacturing/production environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience with employee training and ensuring safety at work.
- Ability to drive quality and customer happiness through ACE operating system.
- Highly self-directed, quick learner, strong drive and results driven.
- MS Office skills.
Amercon, a GreatPlaceÂ toWork! Benefits include:
Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
Vacation, Sick days, Birth/Adoption Leave/FMLA, Military Leave, STD/LTD, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Holidays.
Employee Scholar Program:
Our Employee Scholar Program enables employees to continue their education and build their skills for the future.is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world. Global full-time and part-time UTC employees are eligible for the program after one year of continuous service. Currently there are more than 6,000 employees enrolled in this terrific program!
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for. Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01329754
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Supervisor (2nd shift)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Pennsylvania US