Production Supervisor / Cell Leader
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 9623
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01325243 Date posted 06/27/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Production Supervisor/Cell Leader availability to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd and Weekends) in Clayville, NY.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. Pratt & Whitney HMI Metal powders manufactures nickel super alloy products for use in rotor grade raw material in the aerospace industry.
Pratt & Whitney HMI Metal Powders is seeking a highly motivated Production Supervisor/Cell Leader for Production Operations of Atomization, Screening, and Machining. You will play a key role in the tactical and strategic direction of the day to day operations. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Job Summary -
- Daily workforce planning and administration in support of HMI production needs.
- Interface between shifts to communicate requirements, track turnbacks, and execute plans.
- Enhance the production processes, using a variety of problem solving techniques, effective interpersonal skills and technical competency.
- Promote excellent employee relations and empowerment of all assigned personnel, coach and train to build a highly competent, proficient team.
- Lead a team of hourly associates to run and execute plans for shop operations.
- Coordinate all shift functions.
- Lead process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to ensure flow throughout shifts.
- Implement Root-Cause Corrective Actions as required to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained.
- Lead Capital and Expense Budgets as required.
- Administer PW's policies and procedures to ensure compliance and equitable treatment for all employees.
- Manage all aspects of assigned workforce: (Time & attendance, performance, rewards, training, skill-matrix, communications, etc).
- Provide leadership and coach highly motivated, effective teams through daily toolbox meetings, and effective communications.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by ensuring all team members align with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 month - 2+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations, AS degree with 3+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations, OR in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma/GED with 6+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
Preferred Qualifications -
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Flexibility relative to department assignment and available for off-shift work
- Flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of new product / process technologies
- Strong PC-based information skills knowledge.
- Strong organizational and strategic skills.
- Act as off-shift International Trade Compliance (ITC) point of contact.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01325243
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor / Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US