CAM Applications Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9616
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01317880 Date posted 06/27/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued. Innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow?Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney's Core Manufacturing Engineering organization is currently seeking a qualified CAM applications engineer with multi-axis numerical control (NC) programming expertise to join our Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) Deployment team. P&W manufactures complex aerospace components for commercial and military engine programs. The you will provide innovative Numerical Control solutions to Module Center Operations, Repair Operations and occasional support to suppliers and joint venture partners. This role seeks to elevate the current methods/technology used by the requesting NC programming department. You will work effectively on teams from Design and Manufacturing to identify CAM tools and standard methodologies that maximize the use of Engineering Product Definition in a Computer Aided Manufacturing environment. Typical responsibilities include;
- Provide CAM application solutions for process development on new product introduction.
- Support cost reduction of mature product through improved part processing time using efficient CAM technology and innovative mistake proofing techniques.
- Integrate closed loop methodology through on-machine probing and data collection to enable process control and reduce operator intervention.
- Provide analytical recommendations to optimize programs and machine tool capabilities using machining modeling software tools.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the utilization of NC verification software.
- Ability to work from data such as solid models, part and tool drawings.
- Support continuous improvement of documented standard methodologies and standard work for the NC sub-discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mfg. Engineering Technology
- 5+years of experience programming lathes, mill-turns and multi-axis mills using CAD/CAM applications.
- Requires working knowledge of CNC controls, machining techniques and machine tool capabilities to design NC programs that incorporate sound machining processes.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mfg. Engineering Technology
- Prior use of Data Acquisition Systems, or an understanding of their concepts
- Working knowledge Real-Time programming experience
- System design and integration skills
- Strong, well-adapted approach to software engineering life cycle
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01317880
Community / Marketing Title: CAM Applications Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US