Value Stream Manager -MSEN
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9608
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01328758 Date posted 06/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Value Stream Manager in E. Hartford, CT.
The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality and delivery objectives. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership, project management, and communication skills with the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The role of Value Stream Manager for the Mechanical Systems, Externals, and Nacelles Module Center is both exciting and challenging. With ownership of Mechanical Systems (Bearings and Seals), this position requires exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to build efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups: Supply Chain, Quality, Materials, Commodity Management, Industrial Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, and multiple suppliers. Strong communication skills, specifically conversational, email, and telephone, are required. Delighting customers is a must by providing timely and accurate updates via the most desired communication means.
The VSM will lead a matrixed team of direct report Account Specialists and indirect Global Workshare employees, with a co-located support group from Quality, Materials, and Engineering to deliver quality components on-time and at target cost.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and engage employees through use of the ACE Operating System. This includes leading the team to exceed our control tower metrics.
- Develop a delivery assurance plan aligned with the strategic sourcing plan, which ensures the long term business delivery performance objectives are achieved.
- Develop and execute Supplier Gold Strategy for hardware in your value stream.
- Project manage several transitions in order to implement the long-term strategy
- Improve and maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Develop and execute staffing plans to support the business.
- Ensure Export Control Compliance
- Education / Certifications
Bachelor Degree required, concentration in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 10+ years experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain given priority
- Team Management experience
- Travel requirements vary between 10-25% annually.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to create positive relationships efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups and Suppliers
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Ability craft clear communications at all levels
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01328758
Community / Marketing Title: Value Stream Manager -MSEN
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US