Electronic System Servicer Maintenance Technician
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9607
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01324462 Date posted 06/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
We are currently seeking Electronic Systems Servicer for 2nd shift position to work at our headquarters in East Hartford.
The Electronics Systems Servicer should possess :
- knowledge in PLC programming, strong interest in electronics,
- strong mechanical skills troubling shooting CNC machines,
- rebuilding old mechanical equipmen
- performing daily task for the facility, such as running new circuits for 110v, 230v single or 3 phase, and 480v 3 phase.
- P&W is looking for motivated individuals to install new equipment using PLCâ€s and robotics and build the next generation of technology-enabled products being crafted with automation.
- We need individuals who can install or trouble shoot equipment according to diagrams and layouts, and repair the equipment to the specified specifications.
Additional duties of this role will include:
- Reading and interpreting board layouts, schematics and BOMs
- Testing faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronics to diagnose cause of the malfunction and repair.
- Adjusting, modifying and repair electronic systems, works from sketches, layouts, and diagrams;ing
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Maintains electric and electronic test equipment.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Disassemble manual equipment and replace with new or repaired parts.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and simple machine tools to repair manufacturing equipment.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Performs any General Maintenance duties as needed.
- High School degree or GED
- Two or more yearsâ€ experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such a probability and statistical interference and fundamentals of plane and validated geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to maintain records and reports on a computer.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01324462
Community / Marketing Title: Electronic System Servicer Maintenance Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US